https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Coconut Pancakes.........................by Diane Ogden

I awoke this morning and made the conscious decision to try the Coconut Pancake recipe I saw on face book.  I copied and pasted it to Word Pad, at which time the printer decided to "not print." What's new? I figured it out and onward and upward to the kitchen.  I get all the ingredients ready:

4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk (raw cow’s or coconut both work)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey or a pinch of stevia
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
coconut oil or butter for frying
The consistency of the batter concerned me.  Basically I had four frothy eggs with a bit of coconut flour. Oh and I couldn't find my baking soda.  Had to get the one out of the refrigerator.  Ewww.  Don't panic, it was almost new.  Still.......eeww
Into the frying pan we go....   




                          So far, so good............. or not!  The flip was as bad as trying to flip raw eggs.
                                    But I carried on.  I had my "heart" set on healthy coconut pancakes.

I did not take a photo of my lopsided coconut pancake stack.  But I did take a bite, after butter and syrup topping.  Terrible.  Terrible.  Terrible.  The texture in my mouth was unacceptable.  Like eating partially cooked corn bread batter with syrup on top.  O M G!   Bob the cat also upped his nose at this stack of ??
To the sink dink! What a waste of four organic eggs etc.



This is when I pulled out my friends old fashioned pancake recipe from twenty years ago.  Unhealthy as hell, but no worries, I spruced (healthied) them up a bit.. I don't think that is a word. Who cares.




DeAnne Roeske's Old Fashioned Pancakes
1 1/4 c. flour (I used unbleached organic)
3 tsp. (organic) baking powder
1 tablespoon (Truvia) sugar
1/2 tsp. (sea) salt
1 beaten (organic range free chicken) egg  LOL
1 cup milk  (organic coconut milk)
2 tbsp. salad oil  (organic coconut oil)
(I added 100% Blueberry juice for my brain.
 BEAUTIFUL!!
Topped with Sugar free POISON (aspartame) It's all I had on hand.


DELICIOUS
PERFECTION
FLUFFY
AMAZING
Slightly green from the Blueberry juice.
I am now vegging with a sugar low.  Yes low, not high. Already been there done that.  Back to Oatmeal tomorrow. 

           Laters.......Be Safe, Be Well, Be Happy, and get richer so you can go out for pancakes.
                                                             My kitchen is a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com