https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to me....................by Diane Ogden

From Son #4: Christopher.  (The writing came to me framed. )
Though I have not told you enough, I am telling you now.  Through my eyes, this is the story of my love and appreciation thanking you for all you do and have done for me.  Your sacrifices to make me a better person and athlete have never gone unrecognized.  My remembrances of you: 

"I looked out the front window and saw you, alone, shopping bag cradles in your arms. In one hour, I will run out of the house to go to my game, and you will watch my departure as you always do, out the same front window.  But not before you hand warmed a plate for me, as I never left the house hungry.  Yet I always left the house hungry.  Hungry for the chance to compete another day. Hungry to be better than my opponent.  Hungry to win this game  It is because you watch me out that window, because you pray for me as I walk down the street, because your sideline seats are never empty, and because I know there is no real strength in this world save for that which is instilled or inspired by you. Were you not here, I would not be complete.  It is in these moments when I see you, Mother: When there is a home in this world I know, where the image of your beautiful smile in that window is once again etched in side ma memory that I will never forget.  When I look in your eyes, I see that you understand the spirit inside me that needs to compete.  So late at night when I lie awake in bed, realizing your unconditional love for me as I hear your footsteps walking away from my bedroom door, I know I am not the sole host to a fighting heart.  We fight together to survive, you and I, mother and child.  You are the cornerstone holding this family together."

Give me the ball!  This game is For My Mother.

This next card came to me from behind Prison Walls. It is handmade.  Drugs and Alchol can do terrible things to a Son.  But he is a wonderful person these days:   Daniel, Son #1
I haven't heard from the other two sons or daughter yet.  But hey, tomorrow is Mother's Day. I have time.
 
Son #3, Cody, doesn't send cards anymore...he calls.  The last one he sent will last forever!
I tried to scan it but the ink didn't show up so I will type it.
 
Mom - You know me, nothing fancy, nothing flowery. Just the pure and simple truth.
I love you with every cell in my body.  You have made an amazing man out of a crazy little boy rolling around on the kitchen floor with his pants down....wait....I still do that. So nevermind that part about rolling around with my pants down.  I wish I was there more but we all have our paths and we must stick to them if we really want to help the ones we love.  Soon there will be a check in here (card) for $1,000,000.00 big ones.  :)  Keep going Mom and stick to your guns 'cause you made it this far.  Love you and see you soon, Cody Ogden
 
 
 And this is Son #2:  Chad at the Kentucky Derby last weekend.  Chad used to send me a beautiful card every year until he had three children, two being a set of twins..... a big house, a big job, went back to college full time!!  So I feel very lucky to get the phone call!
 
The last born was a girl!  Lindsay (with her daughter Karli)
 
 
 
                                                  LATERS......and Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com