https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Basket BLow-out.....by Diane Ogden

So I went to TJ Max to find something really cool for my little Grand daughter but there was nothing cool left there.  Wal Mart was not on my list of places to frequent the day before Easter so I opted for Walgreen's.  That the the Northern edition of the Southern Eckerds.  In I go!  I pick up the cutsie bunnie basket at $9.99.  I can handle that.  Then I start the search for its inerds.  Bubbles. Chocolate footballs, gum, chocolate eggs, M&Ms, a wind up bunny that does flips, a kit kat bar, and omg I forgot PEEPS! How could I forget PEEPS! I have five children that grew up loving PEEPS.  (Personally I hate PEEPS!)  My Grand Daughter called today on their road trip back from their cruise from heaven, stops in St. Thomas and so on...   telling me she hoped their Dad would stop tomorrow and get them some PEEPS on their three day drive back home!  OMG what is it with PEEPS.  PEEPS are sugared marshmallow critters with flavoring.  Okay....
So back to my point. I get to the checkout of the mini wal mart called Walgreens Pharmacy where the cutsie lil girl rings me out.  When I saw the total I about .......what?  Wanted to just walk out!  Wanted to say WHAT? HOW MUCH?  Wanted to say SERIOUSLY..  Ya, Okay, Right.   Wanted to cry but knew I couldn't.  Wanted to throw a public fit but knew I couldn't.  Couldn't believe it so I just pulled out the debit card and swiped it....calmly walked out thinking something was wrong.  The total was $37.00 and something cents.  I say it should have said, "Lady you have lost your cent's."(sense) 
I got home and found I was overcharged $6.00 and something (cents) sense! I still cant find where I spent $20 on items that cost 3 for $1.00 and some .99 each.  And now its all been wrapped up.
Well Happy Easter and Happy Resurrection of my lost money.  Thank you Lord for the return of my losses..... (for the past 60 years thanks) And Thank You that you rose from the dead to show all of us there is life after death and Bunnies that bring stupid things that cost $37.00 a bucket. And dye chicken eggs and hide them on children for fun.  Literally..OMG.  Regardless......I love you. P.S. There were no chickens or eggs when they rolled the stone away right?  That's what I thought. But then there was no Santa at the stable where you were born either.  But at least he brings the idea of gifts of love that we exchange to one another.  What does the bunny have to do with you giving your life for us?  Oh I know.... Like in Alice in Wonderland ....we are all children who need to stop and pay close attention so we can grow and learn to take the right path... 
Ya, like not spending $37.00 on a small bunny basket full of junk to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.  Which means we can all have a new beginning each and every day.
Laters....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com