https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Moon Over Nantucket.............by Diane Ogden


Okay so that is not a moon and I am not in Nantucket.  (It was interesting how the purple spheres glowed all around the "Lightpole Moon." I should have cropped my lightpole moon. Sorry. I am the lady from Nantucket who always says "______  __!"   No I don't....I was just remembering that song I heard decades ago that went like,
"There was a girl from Nantucket.  No that's not it at all.....  this is it:

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nan-tucket


But he followed the pair to Pawtucket,
The man and the girl with the bucket;
And he said to the man,
He was welcome to Nan,
But as for the bucket, Pawtucket

Then the pair followed Pa to Manhasset,
Where he still held the cash as an asset,
But Nan and the man
Stole the money and ran,
And as for the bucket, Manhasset

Of this story we hear from Nantucket,
About the mysterious loss of a bucket,
We are sorry for Nan,
As well as the man—
The cash and the bucket, Paw-tucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com