https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Cancelled Christmas..................by Diane Ogden

I cant imagine anyone cancelling Christmas.  I love Christmas.  I love Victorian Christmas's, everything about Christmas.  From the decorations to the meals to the gifts, to the lites that I string around my stove for effect.  I love giving, singing to the music, especially Alan Jackson's Christmas Album.  Stockings hung by the fireplace, sending out Grandma Tillie's pfeffer-nut cookies to a select number of people each year.  Carefully picking out the perfect gift for each person. Refraining myself from putting lites on the Buick.  I know I know bad taste.  Wouldn't be bad on a jag now would it?   So what's my point and why did I cancel Christmas?  Because I got sick.  Nasty sick.  A fever for over a week.  Every joint in my body screamed at me in pain.  Coughing. Sneezing. Runny nose. Just one eye hurt sooo bad.  Leg cramps and spasms because I couldn't keep hydrated enough.  That was wonderful hey.  And in the midst of that I was trying to continue working.  Then let me say we had a major snowstorm!  EIGHTEEN little inches of a one.  So I was able to stay in bed for two days while Madison plows plowed the city out.  I thought I was better so I worked all day yesterday and woke up middle of the night sick again.  I think I need to go into the Urgent Care place.  But besides that..... I have had no time nor did I feel I could stand long enough to go shopping.  As each day passed I was sicker and still hadn't shopped.  So I called the Grands and told them we would have to have Christmas after Christmas.  They were sad, but said they could tell by my voice I didn't feel very well.
So tomorrow is Christmas Eve.  Maybe I will go to Urgent Care then.  No one else will be there. ha!
(Psstt...I put lites on the Buick!)  Here ya go Rose............ Am I lyin? Only I know.   Now you understand when I say "GET RICH so you don't have to wait so long for the new wheels!  LOL
Merry Christmas from the Ghetto Cruiser.                               (psst.  I'm lying!)  I stole this photo from www.theburningplatform.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com