https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Where Have all the Fireplaces Gone? ..... by Diane Ogden

I cant help but notice over the past few years and as I watch HGTV make-overs ..... 
Where have all the real fireplaces gone?  Who isn't thinking?  Maybe it's just me, NOT! I am one of the few that is thinking outside America's little perfect world box.  I have not taken to storing water and dry packets of food, although I did purchase a case of Healthy Choice sodium (hello-joke) soup to have on hand in case of something such as a huge storm that takes out the electricity for a week.  Or an Iranian bomb that takes out my electricity but leaves me either too cold or too hot.....  And if too cold??  I have no fireplace.  Oh I have a gas run fireplace that needs electricity.  There is a handy little switch plate on the wall that turns her on! (P.S. That doesn't work with humans so forget that joke) If the bad storm came or the Iranian bomb and I had my case of sodium chicken soup in the storage bin downstairs along with a few gallons of bottled water.....I would not be able to heat it up in my electric operated gas fireplace under glass.  Nope, ninety percent of humans would be chit up the creek backwards.  But then if the Iran bomb hit it might not matter.  The storm is a different story.... I am always looking for people who are smarter than average which means they still have a real fireplace that burns real wood in case of Iran.  Or an electrical storm, ice storm, tornado, governmental shut down, (just kidding), America's perfect with all its folks driving SUV's to work paying no attention to the fact they have no way to keep warm or heat their food should there be an emergency.  Humm maybe if they have huge SUV gas hogs they can afford generators.  Anyone taking bets on that? I also pray the bomb hits the banks so all those poor folks with the huge SUV's don't have to pay it all back. Me, I don't owe anyone and I also know I cant fix anything because I am not in politics, nor am I a millionaire, so .....Be Happy, Be Safe, and Be Well until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com