https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Little Dolls from Puerto Rico........by Diane Ogden

So one Grand stayed overnight Friday, was picked up at 3:00 p.m. today and two more were dropped off!  Holy twins, and one with a horrible cough someone tell me I will get some sleep tonight?  Oh,wait, son left two bottles of medicine with post it notes saying, "Do Not Give Whole Bottle!"  I think that was a joke....
The twins brought with them two little PuertoRican dolls that appeared to be hand sewn.  Cutest little buggers.  I said, "How cool are these, as I picked up the bloomers to check the details on how well they were made.  (I used to make little dolls that were similar so I felt as tho I had some quality control status on this here subject)  As I lifted the left bloomer leg I noticed a tag. Said tag read, "MADE IN INDIA!"   I tell you I started to laugh as I read it to my son who just stood there before me with the most dumbfounded look on his face I have seen in years.  He said, "I specifically asked that man if these dolls were made local and he assured me they were."  Yes son and I will sell you that bridge in Arizona or whatever that country song says. 
At that point I offered to CUT the tag off the left leg-ged PuertoRican doll from India.  I suspect he could have picked those up at a truck stop outside of town if he'd wanted to wait til he got home. 
Me, I didn't even get a T-shirt made in China from Puerto Rico.  It's okay, they put bad stuff in their cotton I hear.  And I am glad the girls are too old for show and tell or this would fall into the category of "Your Dad got snookered kids."  Shhhh they'll never know.  And I found my happy news for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com