https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Troubles Build Character! by Diane Ogden

As a person passes thru each decade, be it two or six or eight or ten, they always hear the words, "Tough times build character!"  S H U T - U P already.   I have heard that saying for a couple more than a few decades.  I want you all to know that is why I have slowly become quite the character!!
 That is the only excuse I can think of.  When bad things happen to good people its to build their character so I have heard??   When tragedy strikes it will build you!!   When you lose everything, don't worry, your getting built!  And boy am I built.  Then after more decades of character building, your mind and body stay characterized, however your character body begins to wilt in all areas, inside and out....but boy do you die with one heck of character. Probably because it is so tired of working at its character.

 If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

I am not on speaking terms with trouble.  Well, maybe a little.  That is why I am such character.  I am a builder....a character builder.  I run from it but it has a bigger motor than I do and it chases me. 
I would have the home with the two white rockers and the garden if I weren't such a character! (builder, that is)
I say those people who made up those sayings are nutz.  But then there is an excuse and/or a reason for everything including troubles.  I am sure troubles is just another word for a glass half FULL, (of troubles that is)   Just kidding of course.  Me, I have all I need.....of troubles that is.  Just kidding I said.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com