https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finnie and Red

Finnie and Red arrived about a week and a half ago.  They peered at me from my Macy's on a budget front porch thru a glass window.  They sat on the rail and just peered at me turning their little heads side to side considering their eyes are on the sides of their heads. Then they jumped over to the Sheffalera I saved from a University of Wisconsin dumpster two or three years back.  Then up to the new impatient pot ahead of the ugly apt. porch lite.  As you know from past blogs I have had it with birds after living here for 6 plus years. Barn swallows at least.  But these little characters were different. They weren't head diving me, squacking at me, skimming my little dogs head to the place she was frightened to poddie outside which can be a very bad thing.  I kept seeing the little birdies, finches actually coming and going but could not figure out what they were up to.  I would let my cat out on the porch and all the other birds would go nuts but not Finnie and Red. When I figured out they had nested in the Pink Impatient plant I was like oohh nooo.  How will I water it?  And if I don't water it their shelter and camoflauge will be GONE! And the babies will die and so on.  Then my son from Los Angeles arrives to surprise me. SURPRISE. He and his friend Babette. Yes Babette.  And is she a sweatheart.  She tells me the birds are here to offer me a message.  I think, "ya right."  But then she gives me an Indian Spiritual book on how the animals speak to us. Babette also believes the finches came to make peace between myself and the Swallows. humm. I suppose it's true. I looked up the finch and discovered these are Purple Finches.  Even tho not purple. So the book said, "Anytime a finch arrives life is going to become more active.." And whoa I got two finches. Now I have the look up the origin of the Purple Finch that migrates to Wisconsin. For instance the Dutch Pennsylvania Finch is a bird that brings happiness. And that is what these little precious birds are.  Back to the swallows....

The Swallow represents objectivity. By keeping your objectivity you will be able to easily protect your home and add greater warmth to your life and the lives of those you touch. Very interesting day I would say...We are watering the edge of the Pink Impatient so as not to dampen the eggs of the MaMa Finnie. The kids are bringing back some Finnie Food later today.  Then maybe Red can hang around the "pot" a little more often instead of out hunting down seeds for his Finnie girl. I have never experienced little birds no afraid of me.  I don't have a fancy camera so you can see how close she let me get to take her 8 x 10 glossy! "Mr. DeMill I'm ready for my headshot!"  Can you see Finnie's little head looking at me from the center of the pot plant? Look again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com