https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Pumpin Gas" by Ben...by Diane Ogden






This is Ben! Isn't he just precious? I was driving to Sauk City to deliver something and then onto Prairie Du Sac when I passed this shabby gas station and noticed the sign said, NO ETHANOL.....well I like no ethanol because my car runs better. The book that came with my car tells me not to use ethanol, but where does one find gas with no ethanol anymore...well there it was....looking like something right out of the Ozark Mountains....not Shabby Chic, just shabby. I made a U- Turn and pulled on up to the pump and before I could get my door open Ben came strolling out. I said, "What?" Then I said, "Oh my Godliness, are you going to pump my gas?" He grinned and I started squealing all about how many years it had been since any one pumped my gas. I asked him if everyone got as excited as I did. He told me only the "out a towners!" LOL... Then I said, "Wait, how much extra?" He said, "Nothin." I said I liked something for nothing. Then I got the camera out and told him I had to have pictures of this after he headed to wash my windshield. What a blow that was. I decided I would fill up there once a month on my little journey to that city of 3,234 people and where many come from all over to watch the Eagles by the river. Midway Sinclair Station, Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin if your ever in the area. I am still enjoying the treat I experienced today with Ben and my car. Oh this is Ben taking my debit card inside to slide it, bring it back to me to sign! I had gone inside to pay when another man in there told me Ben would take care of that! I ran on back to my car, got in, shut the door, and enjoyed the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your thoughts on the little station and Ben. Prairie du Sac is my home town, and a WONDERFUL place to live (if you like winters). Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born and raised in Sauk-Prairie, moved to Houston in 1961 and never forget my roots. In 1996 we purchased a home just up the street from this service station with the dream of spending summers there. I was at this "filling station" just last month feuling up my rental car that, ironically, had Texas plates. The gas pumper and I had a lively conversation and he said he came to Texas occasionally with his son on fishing trips. As I pulled out, he said, "One more thing, don't ever lose that beautiful smile." And here I am, another satisfied customer - thanks for sharing your experience. Life is a trip and I love the intersections. Thanks for crossing mine.

    ReplyDelete

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com