https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A "Little" Christmas Fun

Take notice of the "odd" pieces in this plastic doll house. They came from the homemade Christmas scene in my front window. Yup, the beautiful white Christmas trees with faces, the Noel Carolers, the lighted candles that flicker in the windows while the snow flakes glisten under the street lights outside. So what if they break! I have super glue and tacky glue and jewelry glue. A child can take a few little tangible earthly pieces of hardened clay or ceramic and create a masterpiece such as this. And be sooo proud of it. That is if they are given the opportunity to do such. Cant take that "stuff" with us to the next heavenly haven, "God willing and the creek don't rise," a constant phrase offered me by one of my Hospice patients named Claire. I miss her and God willing she is having a great walk with God and many. Back to my point.....let the little ones explore and create. Make sure they have what they need to do so and if not let them use what's available. They are much smarter than we think. And above all don't say No but a few times. You should see what they create for me from clay, little pieces of material, old stuffed bears and a tea set, my sons collection of miniature cars from 1979 and on up. A table leaf and some cars make for a great race track. I WIN! No they do and then they go on to become stable successful adults who were allowed to be who they are not what we want them to be, (with certain exceptions of course such as playing with knives etc) thus doing what they came to this earth to do, whatever that may be. Confidence is the key. The word NO takes confidence....the word yes gives trust and confidence. Consequences come from either action word, yes and no, but the consequences from yes are a much greater lesson learned. One of the Noel Carolers could have broken. So what! The child was allowed to create and will never forget the fact she was allowed to and someone was proud of her and it, someone besides herself. Wish I had all this wisdom when my own children were little. I cleaned too much, said No too much, and so on.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com