https://youtu.be/ow5bPIeVTzU

The Horrors That Hide by Julianna Rowe (coming Soon)

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Life On Mars

That was an old TV show and it made me nervous. Remember P.S. Bell, my deceased old man friend said I was neurotic and such. No I am not, my Mother is. LLOL (Lord laughing out loud!) When I used to watch  Life On Mars, the guy was stuck in 1973. They didn't have computers, cell phones, or the ability to check DNA for crimes although they did have racial problems, and women's rights issues. Basically its a mess for someone who has 2021 wisdom and lives in 1973. Whalla....isn't that the same as me? I could do that reality TV and do it daily because I had more fun in 1973 so I run on back there in my brain whenever needed or not needed. Some people do Zen or Chi, but I did and do Doo Wop. 
You know back then it cost a million bucks and you got 20 CD's by mail of Doo Wop music. Now its $6.50 a month for Sirius XM with a zillion channels that make me so happy. So happy I used to dance with my bedpost all night.  I had a hand carved Cherry Wood Rice Bed shipped here from Europe. Or so the furniture store sales-man told me. And I like what he told me so I bought it and kept it...the story and the bed. That bedpost was not only good for re-cycled gum, it was good for playing dance partner. And much easier. It had no brains or other anatomical parts, which I preferred at that time. Do recall I was playing "Duck"  back then which meant I was "Going with the Flow" of life. But the "calling" BACK continued.. I Only Have Eyes for You....Only You... The Duke of Earl....Blue Velvet..... Runaway..... Diana.......The Wanderer....Jack and Diane.......and so on. Doo Wop makes me happy. I think it was a time when life was better as well as I could seriously more agile for doing the jitter bug and could sing better.
We all need that happy place and I still get it through memories of music. And would you believe back then I was be one of the only humans left on earth with no CD player in my car. Nope, nada, none. But I do now, along with built in Sirus XM because this is not Mars, it is Earth and I live in America where CD car players and built in everything in cars are everywhere like Peanut Butter and Jelly. I love Peanut Butter and Jelly! 
This Duck is going to bed..... tomorrow brings new clients and Life on Mars-America along with solutions. 
I love you, whoever you are. Really I do. And make note we are not going to that place of Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. Who cares.
And note "Gum revives it flavor on the bedpost overnight!" Just kidding that's gross.

1 comment:

Send comments to dianeogden.ogden@gmail.com